Selling your home?
Here are some tips for getting your home picture-perfect-ready for the MLS:
- Declutter: Less is more. Your home will appear larger if it's not filled with knick knacks, junk, or extra furniture. You will also want to declutter your closets, kitchen drawers, and kitchen cabinets.
- Deep clean: Consider hiring a professional cleaner to come in and make your home spotless from top to bottom; first impressions are important.
- Depersonalize your home: You want to depersonalize your home, but still make it a warm and inviting space.
- Buy more light bulbs: All lights and fixtures should have working light bulbs for showing and photographing your home.
- Call a handyman: Make sure nothing is broken including toilets, locks, appliances, etc. prior to listing your home.
- Paint the walls: Stick with neutral colors. They will make your home appear brighter, bigger, and more welcoming to potential buyers.
- Stage your home: Staging a home really can help it sell faster and for more money. I can help you with that.
- Rent a storage unit: Having a storage unit nearby will give you somewhere to temporarily place all of your extra stuff when staging and showing the home.
- Last, but certainly not least, hire a professional photographer: Many potential buyers search for homes online, so it’s crucial for your real estate agent to include high quality, professional photos in their online listing. Contact me to schedule your photoshoot once you have done all of the above steps.
- Real estate shoots: $150. Includes MLS ready images for your agent plus all high resolution images for marketing materials.
~ All photos © by Melanie Rainey Photography 2020 ~